Because this offering is 100% online, no visa is required and international students are welcome to apply. For more information, see Admission Requirements for International Students. Anyone seeking to become a professional accountant, including those preparing to take the CPA exam. Provides an overview of the rules and regulations covering not-for-profit organizations. Be among the first to get timely program info, career tips, event invites and more.
- There are different types of cash flow, including operational, investment and financing.
- The program does not provide ongoing business, accounting, and bookkeeping services.
- Study of advanced topics in federal taxation, including formation, operation, and dissolution of the business entity.
- This Office 2016 for Windows hands-on environment (for PC’s not for MAC’s) allows students to learn the basics of word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), database (Access), and presentation graphics (PowerPoint).
- While your resume speaks to your experience, we also take the time to recognize what makes you tick and which opportunities best line up with your distinct personality.
The formula for depreciation takes into account the useful life of the product, the salvage value and purchase price (or cost basis). In the event that you may have a loan that comes due or you need to record a non-cash transaction, your Accountant will correct your books with an adjusting journal entry. These are accounts you’re https://www.bookstime.com/blog/hoa-accounting expected to pay for purchases owed, and they are considered liabilities. To apply, submit your Scope of Work and relevant supporting documents to Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis between March 24 and April 7, 2023. Sign up to get updates about this program, including info sessions and application deadlines.
ACCT 5300 Financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation
Emphasis is given to the development of communications skills in a professional-to-client environment. The taxpayer assistance component of the course is spread over parts of the winter and spring quarters. Students receive an «N» grade for winter quarter and the course grade spring quarter.
Our ultimate goal is to support individuals to increase their income potential, achieve long-term financial stability, provide for their families, and enrich their communities through small business ownership. Course will include travel to the country to observe activities and conditions and to meet with representatives of businesses and other institutions. Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest multimedia news provider, reaching billions of people worldwide every day. Reuters provides business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Business Impact NW is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) dedicated to serving underbanked entrepreneurs. We are seeking to expand our consultant roster for the OED’s Accounting and Business Consulting (ABC) Program.
ACCT 3010 Accounting: Information Systems, Tools and Concepts
As a consultant, you will provide one-on-one consulting sessions to Seattle-based small businesses, aimed at establishing or growing their businesses for long-term success as part of the City’s efforts to build an inclusive economy. The program does not provide ongoing business, accounting, and bookkeeping services. This enables us to deliver the expertise needed to navigate job opportunities and handpick those that fit your specific needs. While your resume speaks to your experience, we also take the time to recognize what makes you tick and which opportunities best line up with your distinct personality.
All applicants must have the willingness and ability to dedicate more than 40 hours per week to classroom and independent study. This course is designed to analyze the legal environment applicable to accounting and finance. This course covers bookkeeping services seattle specialized topics related to the valuation of closely-held companies and pass-through entities including issues related to estate and gift taxes. Other topics include ESOPs, transfer pricing and the valuation of health-care entities.
ACCT 2310 Principles of Accounting II (Managerial)
- The summer intensive version of this program is very demanding and requires a full-time study effort for 11 weeks.
- The Bookkeeping certificate program prepares you for entry-level bookkeeping careers and general office employment.
- Harold Averkamp (CPA, MBA) has worked as a university accounting instructor, accountant, and consultant for more than 25 years.
- Students must earn a grade of at least 2.7 in each course (unless granted a waiver by the program director and department chair) and maintain an overall GPA of at least 2.7 for all courses combined.
The typical student in the intensive program has earned a GPA of 3.3 or above in their financial accounting prerequisite course and also has some relevant business knowledge from prior work experience or coursework. Unless you’ve completed both accounting prerequisite courses within the last year, we recommend that you review that material before starting this program. Topics include activity-based management, target costing, balanced scorecard, and financial measures of performance. The program includes accounting and business skills as well as college transfer and supporting courses designed to strengthen the students’ self-assurance and leadership qualities. Students complete 90 credits of coursework, resulting in an Accounting AAS. The first course provides a brief review of basic journal entries and financial statement preparation, then goes on to examine the concepts underlying financial accounting.